Thursday, June 19, 2008

µzik


WOoooooo! so the celtics won! yeaaaaaaa. who would have guessed that last year? Sooooo gooood.

Anyways, I'm gonna throw you a bunch of good music from the slew of releases and leaks in the last month. first is Lil' Wayne's Tha Carter III. If you haven't downloaded this yet, I have to wonder where you've been the last 3 weeks. Pretty solid album plus a couple outstanding tracks, like Mrs. Officer,  Mr. Carter, Playing with Fire, and I kind of like Phone Home. Here's the link:


Newer is the cd from NERD, Seeing Sounds, that just dropped. It's pretty nice.


If you've heard of MSTRKRFT and you like their stuff, you'll love this set that was recorded live at one of their sets recently. I saw them live in Brooklin, with The Bloody Beetroots, and was unbelieveable. People were literally going insane. Ok, well they were at least dancing alot. Check it out:


Next is a sick little EP by an amazing dude from Cali that goes by the name of Flying Lotus. I've been loving the songs on this, especially Massage Situation. Don't really like the intro track, or tea leaf dancers all that much, but a couple are really sick. If I were trying to describe it, I guess I would say the style's a kind of huge dark instrumental off sync bass heavy beat. Check it out:



BOOOOOOOOOOOONUSSSSSSSSS!!!!
wooooo! so this really isn't the best remix I've ever heard, but it's freaking MGMT being remixed by Justice. It is pretty solid, though. Obviously a must-have.



peace

bonus 2! short video of MGMT at Wes

"I used to trip on mushrooms on foss hill".... classic


No comments: